AdobeStock_303202960 2.jpeg

Use of Funds

Overview Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) Grant

The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was enacted in March 2020, which included $30.75 billion nationally for an Education Stabilization Fund. The Education Stabilization Fund was allocated according to the following percentages:

  • 9.8% to the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund ($2.95 billion)

  • 43.9% to the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund ($13.23 billion)

  • 46.3% to the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund ($13.95 billion)

Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) Fund dollars were appropriated to state education agencies (SEAs) based on the previous year’s Title I shares, with 90% allocated to local education agencies that received a Title I allocation in the most recent fiscal year and the remaining 10% reserved for state activities. LEA allocations were calculated using the Title I formula; however, relief funds will not be subject to Title I requirements.


Colorado was allocated $120,993,782 from the U.S. Department of Education from the ESSER Fund. Of the total allocation to Colorado, CDE was required to allocate a minimum of $108,894,404 (90%) to local education agencies (LEAs) and was able to reserve no more than $12,099,378 (10%). Of the state reserve, CDE may use no more than $604,969 (half of 1%) for administrative purposes. The 10% SEA reserve is to be used for emergency needs as determined by the SEA to address issues related to COVID-19, which may be addressed through the use of grants or contracts.


Source: Colorado Department of Education – ESSER webpage

 

At Spectra Centers, ESSER III funds have been allocated to the following areas: (1) Curriculum and training to provide better student support and staff education, and (2) Improved quality of air through the installation of evaporative coolers and door restoration.

Our Location

7205 West 120th Avenue,

Broomfield, CO 80020

Hours: 

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm

Saturday: Closed 

Sunday: Closed

Email Us: info@spectracenters.org

Call Us: (303) 665-6800